[LINK] Reverse Dictionary??

Adam Todd link at todd.inoz.com
Tue Oct 17 18:19:13 AEST 2006

Not quite what I'm looking for!  You need to know the word first and then
it tells you similar words.

Kim's suggestion of
<http://www.onelook.com/reverse-dictionary.shtml>http://www.onelook.com/reverse-dictionary.shtml
being the first I tried seems to work quite snazzy.

I have to admit, only two of the 100 words proposed were within the
positive strength of the definition I provided.  The other 98 were weak and
derogatory!

But then, that is, strangely, how I find the situation at hand, depending
on ones point of view.

The second one <http://www.lexfn.com>http://www.lexfn.com/ perhaps not
really useful for the task at hand, but very interesting for other concepts
and purposes.