Attacks on pluralism (was: Re: [LINK] Surely it's time we privatised the ABC)

Deus Ex Machina vicc at cia.com.au
Tue Oct 17 20:55:48 AEST 2006

rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au [rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au] wrote:
> The point, as relevant to Link, is that any pluralist seat of discussion
> like ours is considered a target. It's a threat, not because all of the
> views are leftist, but because it's got an ethic of good manners which
> tolerates a wide spectrum. It's not whether or not a group endorses a
> political view that matters; it's the permissive attitude which is
> intolerable. And that's the reason for the attack.

plurality?? plurality?? where is it?  show me the political plurality
on this group? are you talking various shade of pink and red? where is
the blue other then myself?

"manners"? I see its ok if you bash the right wing "galah" but as soon as
I sling some mud back thats an attack on permissiveness. sure whatever.

Vic