[LINK] Number One Privacy Debacle

Adam Todd link at todd.inoz.com
Sat Oct 21 19:55:12 AEST 2006

At 11:29 AM 21/10/2006, Jan Whitaker wrote:

>that if the roster was gotten through some other means and then matched
>after, that the ss# could easily be matched back to a person.  I think the
>change was to not post results at all. I was quite surprised when I came
>here and found out that secondary school results and uni offers were/ARE
>published in the newspaper!! I still don't get that as an acceptable
>practice re public exposure.

I bet they don't publish the names of the "trainee" police officers who
failed to Graduate from Goulburn this month!

The only reason I can think that such details are published is to try and
boast about how great the students are, but really, all it does is show how
stupid and limited the graduates are from previous generations.

At the end of the day the "scaling" system seems to reduce the real marks
every year.