[LINK] RFID & Privacy

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Wed Oct 25 11:11:35 AEST 2006

At 10:56 AM 25/10/2006, Geoff Ramadan wrote:
>I this case, it is only used as an identifier.

If that is the case, how is there any emergency health info to be
contained? Or did someone else put that into the mix?

I think the issue is that the range of applications can be all sorts
of permutations. Explaining any concerns away by pointing to a
different type of chip or a different example application does no one
any good. There must be consistency in the description so that the
consideration of the non/ill-informed public can make decisions about
consenting or not. The goal posts are moving in every post, so I'm
finding it quite difficult to make cogent comments any more on this thread.

Maybe it's my fault or the disjunctive nature of email as a
discussion method. I think this is a good case for a wiki!

Jan

Jan Whitaker
JLWhitaker Associates, Melbourne Victoria
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

'Seed planting is often the most important step. Without the seed,
there is no plant.' - JW, April 2005