Telstra in the future fund (was: Re: [LINK] DCITA ICT advisory committee

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Mon Sep 4 12:07:10 AEST 2006

At 11:55 AM 4/09/2006, Marghanita da Cruz wrote:
>I caught Fran Kelly on ABC radio interviewing David Murray, chair of the
>future fund, about its role in influencing the direction of Telstra, once
>the future fund became a major shareholder. And David Murray pointed out
>that as the chair of the future fund, his responsibility was to ensure
>that his investment in Telstra was not loosing value.

This is an interesting situation. Can the Future Fund sell the shares that
are put there? If not, why not?

Jan Whitaker
JLWhitaker Associates, Melbourne Victoria
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

'Seed planting is often the most important step. Without the seed, there is
no plant.' - JW, April 2005