[LINK] Browzar

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Tue Sep 5 08:44:06 AEST 2006

Good question, Roger

CNet praised it, BBC the opposite.

There are others ways of running a stealth browser.

Here's a good quote from one blog I've read recently:

Browzar™ does not protect your privacy.
Browzar™ is in fact a browser that makes use of the Internet Explorer
core.
Browzar™ inherits of any problems Internet Explorer might have.
Browzar™ permits access to anyone that wants to restore your history,
cookies or temporary internet files from the dark corners of your disk.
Browzar™ doesn't take care of securely deleting history, cookies or
any other temporary internet files in order to be unable to recover
them.
Browzar™ doesn't take care of making the file names unsignificant.
Browzar™ is not ready to be deployed on public computers.

...or here:

http://www.vitalsecurity.org/2006/09/i-am-browzar-you-are-tokyo.html

However, I've yet to read one technical article in an online
technical journal that has much to say about it - I don't regard
either CNet or the BBC as being authoritative.

A Digg thread:

http://digg.com/software/Browzar_is_not_adware_claims_developer

The sloppy BBC article:

iT