[LINK] And You Had it In The Bag...

grove at zeta.org.au grove at zeta.org.au
Wed Sep 6 16:14:23 AEST 2006

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006, Deus Ex Machina wrote:

> 	But he added that open format office suites were .unlikely to be fully
> 	supported by assistive technology vendors. by the 1 January target date.
>
> 	...Massachusetts now plans to use .translator software. . also under
> 	development . that will allow Microsoft.s Office suite to translate
> 	documents from Microsoft formats to ODF. This would allow the state
> 	government to tap into assistive technologies that work with
> 	Microsoft..."

So, they are going to drop a product that is "under development"
and will not be quite ready by 1/1/07 for a product that is owned by Microsoft
that is also "under development" with no obvious target date for release
ie "vapourware".

Nothing to see, here except impatient, stupid managers who are
suckered by Microsoft everytime a minor obstacle arises
and an ideologue who is hellbent on supporting their own vapid
belief system by frantically scouring the Internet for a few weak
arguments.  I might give vicc 1/4 of a point for this one.

rachel

--
Rachel Polanskis                 Kingswood, Greater Western Sydney, Australia
grove at zeta.org.au                http://www.zeta.org.au/~grove/grove.html