[LINK] Moved to Linux

Pilcher, Fred Fred.Pilcher at act.gov.au
Mon Sep 11 14:55:06 AEST 2006

Eleanor wrote:

> it worked.   perfectly.   just like that.
>
> oh, i'm running Ubuntu 6.06 LTS "Dapper Drake".

Would that it were universally true. I can't print to my Canon i965 photo printer or scan from my Canon LIDE 80 scanner. The Japanese Canon site has Linux drivers for just about every Canon product, but they're all in Japanese; there are no equivalent English language drivers. I logged on to Canon Australia's web site to find their e-mail address and wrote them a very polite letter telling them how much I like their products and regretting that I won't be able to replace them with Canon products when the time comes. The e-mail bounced - no such address. Nice.

Fred