[LINK] Moved to Linux

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Wed Sep 13 16:43:55 AEST 2006

Well ... since we're still on the topic, the Linux box has been dropped
back to second-string. Stupid thing can't remember the flat-panel screen
settings. Either screen saver (which is just black), or change user, or
reboot destroys the screen settings. I can hardly say to the other users
in the house "just boot up, find an icon that you can't see because the
screen's the wrong size and shape but I know where it is, and select
70Hz refresh".

So I am now under instructions: either make it work how the user wants
it to work, or ditch it, but don't expect her to run her business on that!

RC