[LINK] Animated cursor flaw in All Windows

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Wed Apr 4 18:46:10 AEST 2007

On 4/4/07 6:19 PM, "Rick Welykochy" <rick at praxis.com.au> wrote:
> Stilgherrian wrote:
>
>> [Insert 3057 emails and replies repeating the same discussions of which
>> operating systems are better / more secure / more reliable / more fun that
>> we've seen repeated over and over and over and over and over and over and
>> over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over
>> and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and
>
> Have you perhaps missed by gist?

Not at all. I agree with you. I'm just saying that we've seen all this
before, many times, so we don't need to repeat it.

> If you don't run Windows and you are not an idiot, you will not become
> a victim of cybercrime.

And if you don't wear a skimpy dress or walk in the city after dark you'll
never be mugged or raped?

I agree that there are fundamental flaws in Windows which make its users
many, many times more vulnerable. But it's not so black and white, and I
just find the discussions repetitive.

*shrugs*

I'm writing this from a PowerBook running OS X while behind me a Linux
server is being upgraded. I get the message. But I also know that I'm not
100% safe too.

But if people haven't changed by now, when the messages have been repeated
so many times already, then I think we need to stop repeating those same
messages and work with what we've got. I haven't the faintest idea how to do
that, but the current methods of communication don't seem to be working.

Stil

--
Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia