[LINK] Fwd: vip-l: Electoral Commission Seeking Sydney-based people for user testing [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

grove at zeta.org.au grove at zeta.org.au
Thu Apr 5 18:12:52 AEST 2007

On Thu, 5 Apr 2007, Jan Whitaker wrote:

> oh dear! mea culpa, Stil. I pick up the argot just like everyone else.
>
> My current shiver phrase is 'going forward'. You gotta ask, do they think
> they would be going back? <sigh>

"Going forward" is weasel words for "we don't admit to making
any mistakes and if we did, they're in the past and so are now
irrelevant.

As a technical person, I have attended so many meetings recently
where the phrase is uttered in response to comments made suggesting
that the line of approach being taken didn't work last time, so why
are we choosing the same method again?

Yes, it's a shiver phrase for me too!

rachel

--
Rachel Polanskis                 Kingswood, Greater Western Sydney, Australia
grove at zeta.org.au                http://www.zeta.org.au/~grove/grove.html