[LINK] the weather makers

Danny Yee danny at anatomy.usyd.edu.au
Sun Apr 8 13:30:41 AEST 2007

Stewart, your six points seem to be along the lines of "I haven't
actually looked at the research in detail yet, so I think X is
overstated" or "but what about Y?", where Y is something that is
being taken into account...  You're basically arguing from ignorance,
and I think unnecessarily so.

There have indeed been papers publishing showing that increased
temperatures can act to lower sea levels, via increased precipitation
over Antarctica.  But ==> these mechanisms are incorporated into global
climate models <== and the best models we have are predicting sea
level rises.  The people designing climate models are not ignoring
mechanisms that work against warming or counteract the effects of
warming: the problem is to try to model the overall effects of many
different mechanisms and systems.

For the Medieval Warm Period, see
	http://www.realclimate.org/index.php?p=33
	http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2004/12/werent-temperatures-warmer-during-the-medieval-warm-period-than-they-are-today/
and links therefrom.  Nothing I have read about this suggests that
it poses any particular problem for global climate models.  And the
appeals to it by climate change denialists are manifestly ill-informed.

And so forth.

Danny.