[LINK] Fwd: National Library of Australia seeking archival permission for Link list on Australian network policy and communications

Antony Barry tony at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
Wed Apr 11 12:03:10 AEST 2007

Linkers

For what my permission is worth, I have given it.

Tony

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Digital Archiving Section" <webarchive at nla.gov.au>
> Date: 29 March 2007 8:44:36 AM
> To: <tony at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au>
> Subject: National Library of Australia seeking archival permission
> for Link list on Australian network policy and communications
>
> Tony Barry
> Link list on Australian network policy and communications

> Request for permission to archive
>
> Link list on Australian network policy and communications
>

> Dear Mr Barry
>
> The National Library of Australia aims to build a comprehensive
> collection of Australian publications to ensure that Australians
> have access to their documentary heritage now and in the future.
> The Library has traditionally collected items in print, but it is
> also committed to preserving electronic publications of lasting
> cultural and research value.
>
> PANDORA, Australia’s Web Archive, was set up by the Library in 1996
> to enable the archiving and provision of long-term access to online
> Australian publications. Since then we have been identifying online
> publications and archiving those that we consider have national
> significance. Additional information about PANDORA can be found on
> the Library's server at: http://pandora.nla.gov.au/index.html
>
> We would like to include the Link list on Australian network policy
> and communications in the PANDORA Archive and I would be grateful
> if you would let me know whether you are willing to permit us to do
> so, that is, grant us a licence under the Copyright Act 1968, to
> copy your publication into the Archive and to provide public online
> access to it via the Internet. This means that you would grant the
> Library permission to retain your publication in the Archive and to
> provide public access to it in perpetuity.
>
> If you are willing to grant us such a licence, please complete the
> short form at the end of this message and return it to me.
>
> There are some benefits to you as a publisher in having your
> publication archived by the Library. If you grant us a copyright
> licence, the Library will take the necessary preservation action to
> keep your publication accessible as hardware and software changes
> over time. The Library will catalogue your publication and add the
> record to the National Bibliographic Database (a database of
> catalogue records shared by over 1,100 Australian libraries), as
> well as to our own online catalogue. This will increase awareness
> of your publication among researchers using libraries.
>
>       If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me,
> Edgar Crook, by telephone on 02 6262 1618 or by email
> ecrook at nla.gov.au.

> I/We grant the National Library of Australia a licence under the
> Copyright Act 1968 to copy the Link list on Australian network
> policy and communications into the PANDORA Archive. I understand
> that this licence permits the Library to retain and provide public
> [...]

phone : 02 6241 7659 | mailto:me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
mobile: 04 1242 0397 | mailto:tony.barry at alianet.alia.org.au
http://tony-barry.emu.id.au