[LINK] The Ethics (!) of Dodgy Web Designers

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Wed Apr 18 07:44:54 AEST 2007

Craig Sanders wrote:

> books, art, billboards, etc dont have the security issues that web sites
> do. they're simple objects. web sites, even basic ones, are complex.

It is so easy to accidentally leave your script-kiddy coded PHP website
open to spammers and worse that it ain't funny. Anyone know how simple
it is to relay spam through an email-enabled PHP website? It happens all
the time. If you don't know what I am talking about you SHOULD NOT be
coding websites.

It is so easy to market and sell a crap operating system that we
now have 100's of MILLIONS of zombie Windows boxes on the Internet
that are responsible for an estimated 80% of the SPAM we receive.
Compromised armies of Windows hellholes are now a commodity worth
big bucks in criminal circles.

cheers
rickw