[LINK] Phishing past two-factor authentication

Martin Barry marty at supine.com
Fri Apr 20 13:33:17 AEST 2007

$quoted_author = "Marghanita da Cruz" ;

> Or someone else's money....I don't quite understand what "2 factor
> authentication" means.

this usually means that the authentication works in two of the following
realms:

a) something you have
b) something you know
c) something you are

For ATMs, this would be a) your card and b) your PIN.

For Internet banking it would be something like a) SecureID and b) password.

For your laptop it might be b) password and c) fingerprint.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strong_authentication

cheers
marty

--
Tanuki:		What is the collective term for more-than-one ninja?
Matt S Trout:	Not right, but "a silence of ninjas" appeals to me somehow.

alt.sysadmin.recovery usenet thread - start at <LOd8IKA8msYBFw$v at demon.co.uk>