[LINK] Infrastructure issues

Antony Barry tony at tony-barry.emu.id.au
Fri Apr 27 11:42:21 AEST 2007

On 26/04/2007, at 2:35 PM, stephen at melbpc.org.au wrote:

> "The reality is with no water, you can't live anywhere for long.
> If this
> goes on for years, there is a real question of how you provide water
> supplies to these communities." ...

With global warming the threat is that many of our inland cities will
be uninhabitable, not just because of lack of water but because of
persistent high temperatures. With carbon taxes and peak oil getting
closer energy costs will inhibit air conditioning. Low lying areas
won't do to well in the longer term. Goodbye Gold Coast.

If we pass 550ppm of CO2 a move to Tasmania might be advisable.

Tony

phone : 02 6241 7659 | mailto:me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
mobile: 04 1242 0397 | mailto:tony.barry at alianet.alia.org.au
http://tony-barry.emu.id.au