[LINK] News: 'New mobile phones will double as credit cards'

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Sat Apr 28 22:06:37 AEST 2007

At 07:55 PM 28/04/2007, Kim Holburn wrote:
>Part of the problem is the way phone companies sell phones.  If they
>sold phones outright or made a clear differentiation between paying
>off a phone and having an account and weren't constantly trying to
>obfuscate the cost of phones and calls and accounts then there
>wouldn't be such pressure to constantly upgrade.

I needed a new phone because the cost of the replacement battery was
nearly equal to the cost of a complete phone. But since I'm on a no
contract/no minimum deal with Virgin, I didn't want a plan. I bought
a basic phone at KMart. $69.

Jan Whitaker
JLWhitaker Associates, Melbourne Victoria
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

'Seed planting is often the most important step. Without the seed,
there is no plant.' - JW, April 2005