[LINK] IceTV and TiVo

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Fri Aug 10 00:41:01 AEST 2007

Stephen Loosley wrote:

> Speaking of TV ..
> Nine loses electronic program guide case
> by Asher Moses
> August 9, 2007 - 10:44AM
> <http://www.theage.com.au/news/home-theatre/nine-loses-electronic-program-guide-case/2007/08/09/1186530493565.html>
[SNIP]
> Julie Flynn, chief executive of Free TV Australia, said manufacturers who wish to use the new EPG must comply with "base-level requirements designed to protect copyright, protect the integrity of the program information and facilitate collection of ratings information".
> This would require manufacturers to alter their product for the Australian market and leave owners of current digital video recorders which don't meet the commercial broadcasters' requirements in the lurch.

Erm ... as an owner of a pvr that uses an EPG, I doubt I'll
be taking any action to conform to some future regulations
from Free TV. Retroactive regulating is just so unAustralian,
don't you think?

Lurch?

cheers
rickw

--
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services

This is the first age that's paid much attention to the future, which is a
little ironic since we may not have one.
      -- Arthur C Clarke