[LINK] website animations

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Tue Aug 14 08:29:20 AEST 2007

On 14/8/07 7:51 AM, "Ivan Trundle" <ivan at itrundle.com> wrote:
> I predict that this will quickly join Microsoft's Clippy in the 'Let
> The Marketing Department Run The Business' category.

Personally, I reckon SitePal is the biggest load of shite.

However Ralph E Wilson of Web Marketing Today http://www.wilsonweb.com has
done A/B testing -- i.e. half the website visitors get the Friendly
Simulated Human and half don't -- and finds that it significantly increases
his sales conversion rate. Can't argue with science!

He does make the point that it may not work for everyone, though.

BTW, Wilson's site is a great source of information for doing business
online. Once you get past his mid-west god-bless bonhomie, you'll find that
he delivers is quite practical advice based on real-world experience.

Stil

--
Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia