[LINK] ACCC not the only one suing for Deceptive Ads on Google

Adam Todd link at todd.inoz.com
Tue Aug 21 01:49:42 AEST 2007

http://www.smh.com.au/news/biztech/american-airlines-sues-google/2007/08/20/1187462148891.html

American Airlines sues Google

August 20, 2007 - 2:31PM

American Airlines, the world's largest airline, is seeking damages
from internet search leader Google for selling search words involving its name.

The dispute relates to Google's practice of selling search terms such
as "American Airlines" or "AA.com" to other companies for advertising.

American Airlines, a unit of AMR Corp, said it does not want to
prevent the display of search terms, but wants Google to stop selling
its trademarks and related terms.

"We are seeking relief for the damages such practices are creating,"
the company said in a statement. It didn't estimate the amount of damages.

Google believes its on solid ground.

"We are confident that our trademark policy strikes a proper balance
between trademark owners' interests and consumer choice, and that our
position has been validated by decisions in previous trademark
cases," Google said in a statement.