[LINK] (Sydney) Travel card delayed yet again

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Fri Aug 24 10:50:37 AEST 2007

Firstly, I am going to declare a my interest as a shareholder in an Australian
ICT company- though not a significant shareholder.

Apparently, one of the issues with public transport cards is the complexity - of
the ride length. Like a lot of projects involving ICT, this probably needs a
higher perspective and a decision about what is realistic.

There are a number of ERG projects elsewhere see:
http://www.erggroup.com

Note there is a suggestion that all public transport should be free -
particularly if the billing gets more expensive than the revenue.

> The case for free public transport
> NSW’s big cities, especially Sydney, are poisoning the environment and making us all sicker and more stressed. The longer we continue with the state’s “transport model” — where cars carry 78% of people to work and trucks 60% of goods — the worse things will get.
<http://www.greenleft.org.au/2007/703/36537>

and more from google:
> A free ride is just the ticket - National - smh.com.au
> A coalition of public transport activists will today launch a report, ... smh.com.au Sydney Morning Herald 2007-08-16 A free ride is just the ticket Linton ...
<http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/a-free-ride-is-just-the-ticket/2007/08/15/1186857596836.html

Marghanita

--
Marghanita da Cruz