[LINK] Blind voter demands secret vote

Craig Sanders cas at taz.net.au
Fri Aug 24 13:55:41 AEST 2007

On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 01:26:37PM +1000, Howard Lowndes wrote:
> http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/08/24/2013957.htm?section=justin
>

> "A blind man is taking legal action against the electoral office because it
> will not provide him with a way to vote in secret.
>
> David Rankin, from Golden Grove in Adelaide, says he has to get a relative
> or friend to fill out his ballot paper for both state and federal
> elections.

in later news, a legless man sues his local council for not providing
footpaths that he can walk on. he said "it doesn't matter that i'm not
physically capable of walking, it's discriminatory for the council to
not do whatever it takes to provide me with a footpath i can walk on,
and it's even more discriminatory to expect me to adapt my expectations
to match my capabilities".

craig

--
craig sanders <cas at taz.net.au>