[LINK] Blind voter demands secret vote

Chris Maltby chris at sw.oz.au
Tue Aug 28 12:24:28 AEST 2007

On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 11:47:26AM +1000, Richard Chirgwin wrote:
> Isn't it putting the cart and the horse in the wrong order, to propose a
> revised electoral system so that it enables us to use electronics?

> >The essence is that an easy automated voting system implies a more
> >understandable, and therefor easier, manual system.

That was what I was hoping to convey with the second sentence - but
not as well as I could have.

A good voting system that maximises the informed participation of the
most voters will probably also be one that's easy to automate because
it's easy to implement manually... the irony is that adressing this
more important problem may well make automation even less relevant.

Chris