[LINK] Bad government web sites

Tom Worthington Tom.Worthington at tomw.net.au
Mon Aug 20 11:51:05 AEST 2007

At 08:09 PM 19/08/2007, Howard Lowndes wrote:
>Could someone please test csa.gov.au   I tried to go there with
>Firefox 1.5.0.12 under Linux and I get a minimal response and a
>hangup.  I have the script blocker off. ...

The text of <http://csa.gov.au/> loaded in 15 seconds (images in 30
seconds) on a 256/64kbps wireless link using Firefox 2.0.0.6, which
is acceptable. There were some minor formatting problems: the text of
the footer was unreadable, being overwritten due to font size
problems. There is also an animated image of different language names
which on the bottom of the left menu, which does not appear to make a
lot of sense. There were also some minor syntax errors in the HTML.

It is not a particularly bad web page, but not very good. The page
has 180 links on it, which is excessive. It passes an automated
accessibility test at the lowest level (Level 1), but fails at levels 2 and 3.

Tom Worthington FACS HLM tom.worthington at tomw.net.au Ph: 0419 496150
Director, Tomw Communications Pty Ltd            ABN: 17 088 714 309
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617                http://www.tomw.net.au/
Visiting Fellow, ANU      Blog: http://www.tomw.net.au/blog/atom.xml