Some weird happening with Thunderbird [was] Re: [LINK] metaphysical predictions

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Thu Dec 6 09:45:49 AEDT 2007

Howard Lowndes wrote:

> Thunderbird displays the 3 hyperlinks in this email as clickable, but
> only the first 2 actually work, the 3rd one fails to call the browser.

>> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012>  "Metaphysical predictions:  2012
>> <www.biblebelievers.org.au/malachy.htm>
>> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conjunction_(astronomy_and_astrology)>

All three of these work in Seamonkey, which is an integrated suite.
Dunno about T'bird, but my guess is tghe parens in the third URL
causing trouble.

Care to experiment?

http://google.com.au/
http://google.com.au/?whatever=abc
http://google.com.au/?whatever=(abc)

The second two should work, and give you a "Page not found" error report.

cheers
rickw

--
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services

Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do it,
that's trustworthiness.
      -- George W. Bush