[LINK] Why www.etc?

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Fri Dec 7 12:41:06 AEDT 2007

At 10:59 AM 7/12/2007, Paul Brooks wrote:
>"munnari!uacomsci.ua.oz!elhay"@uunet.uu.net  who was one of my
>CompSci lecturers at Adelaide Uni.

oh, lordy, don't remind me!

Before I moved to Australia, for several years I used munnari as a
gateway I believe to caulfield institute out of a bitnet address at
my end. It was all quite magical to us. :-) I remember the feeling of
such achievement once we figured out the arcane structures and were
able to exchange messages successfully for the first time.

Jan

Jan Whitaker
JLWhitaker Associates, Melbourne Victoria
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

Living, like writing, requires no wisdom. Only revising does. - Jim
Sollisch, Sept, 2007
'Seed planting is often the most important step. Without the seed,
there is no plant.' - JW, April 2005