[LINK] How can Microsoft stop us hating them?

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Thu Dec 13 21:59:48 AEDT 2007

On 13/12/07 9:37 PM, "Bernard Robertson-Dunn" <brd at iimetro.com.au> wrote:
> I have four observations re Microsoft and its products

And as usual they're spot on, Thank you. I've taken the liberty of quoting
them in full at http://stilgherrian.com/internet/hating_microsoft/#comments
... where some other folks have added comments on a remarkably similar
theme.

My response:

The basic message to Mr Microsoft seems to be ³stop being an arrogant
arsehole and start cooperating with people², plus ³be honest, own up to the
problems and fix them². Yeah?

Comments here and on Link talked about technical standards. Microsoft
certainly has a history of ignoring established standards, making up their
own, and using their dominant market position to effectively force everyone
into going their way. That¹s bully-boy behaviour, and intellectual
arrogance.

Thank you.

As an aside, both my Microsoft friend and the exec, Joe Wilson, have read my
original post and are doubtless reading my blog comments before tomorrow's
dinner. That is, after all, the point of it. I will be looking at everything
and summarising it again late Friday afternoon -- and probably putting in my
own 2c worth in between.

Stil

--
Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia