[LINK] ASUS Eee PC, $499 in Myer for Christmas

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Wed Dec 19 12:16:42 AEDT 2007

I haven't seen any performance stats for the Flash in the Eee, but for the
most part current generation SSD drives are generally faster than their HDD
equivalents - especially if you're talking about sub-notebooks, where
vendors are generally using small/slower hard disks (eg, 1.8" 4200RPM)

A quick search on Google finds no end of hits such as
http://www.ultramobilelife.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=607

For some of the Flash drives write performance generally does lag behind
HDD, although that gap is narrowing quickly.

  Scott.