[LINK] Onus on providers to clean up web content

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Mon Dec 31 19:28:28 AEDT 2007

On 31/12/07 7:15 PM, "Jan Whitaker" <jwhit at melbpc.org.au> wrote:

> At 06:26 PM 31/12/2007, Stilgherrian wrote:
>
>> Erm, it's only a proposal this stage. ALP policy. Legislation would be
>> required, so the very earliest it can happen is after the first session of
>> Parliament in February. If it passes.
>
> Then I will be first in the queue, eh?

No, because they won't have a process to deal with opting-out of a
non-existent filtering system.

The first-level support person won't have the faintest idea what you're
talking about, and will escalate it to their supervisor. They will respond
politely (maybe), close the support ticket, and then forget about you.

Stil

--
Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia