[LINK] Solution to SPAM checking

Craig Sanders cas at taz.net.au
Thu Feb 1 16:06:25 AEDT 2007

On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 02:35:46PM +1100, Karl Auer wrote:
> PS: But Craig is right on one point - you do need to keep your private
> life off Link, it's incomprehensible and boring. Now if you could

it's the relentless pushing of his private life stuff that bothers
me.  LINK isn't his personal playground, it's not the right forum for
"Neighbours, Net.Kook edition".

if it was just todd being wrong about things, or simply him being
annoying, i don't think i'd have any major problem with it. i could
ignore it easily - i do for hundreds of others.

but his posting of personal stuff is creepy. it's an unwanted intimacy
- like when someone you don't know (or worse, don't like) comes up
to you at a party and is inappropriately intimate and/or reveals
personal details/secrets/peccadillos that you have no wish to know. it's
shudderingly, i-want-to-scrub-down-with-disinfectant creepy.

plus, it took me years to get him to understand that "i don't ever,
under any circumstances, want any communication from you" actually means
exactly what it says....and i still don't think he really understands
it, he's just unable to get past my filters with private mail.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas at taz.net.au>           (part time cyborg)