[LINK] Scientists offered cash to dispute climate study

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Sat Feb 3 22:35:21 AEDT 2007

At 01:56 PM 3/02/2007, Rick Welykochy wrote:
>(B) The survey of popular media (newspapers, magazines, TV) found that
>     approx 56% of the articles examined disputed the veracity of the
>     global warming (and also tended to use the term climate change instead --
>     spin). The reason for this discrepancy? An active campaign funded
>     by vested interests (Big Oil) to discredit the theory through popular
>     culture and media.

Or is this nearly 50% alternative view an example of MSM (blog speak
for mainstream media - had to look it up myself recently and decided
to use it more often) trying to be 'unbiased'? The concept of having
'equal time' does nothing for showing the public that there is
weighting toward one view or another.

The global warming v climate change language is a Bush White House
thing. I heard somewhere that the US administration always changes it
to 'climate change' because 'global warming' was seen to be too
alarming. Change is thought to be a neutral word.

Jan

Jan Whitaker
JLWhitaker Associates, Melbourne Victoria
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

'Seed planting is often the most important step. Without the seed,
there is no plant.' - JW, April 2005