[LINK] Petition on Open Access to European Research

Tom Worthington Tom.Worthington at tomw.net.au
Mon Feb 5 08:13:03 AEDT 2007

At 08:22 PM 1/02/2007, Craig Sanders wrote:
>On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 09:54:26AM +1100, Tom Worthington wrote:
> > I signed this petition on behalf of the ACS ...
> > Petition for guaranteed public access to publicly-funded research results
> > http://www.ec-petition.eu/index.php?p=index
>
>... we need something like this in this country.

We already have. Professor Sale organized a submission to the ARC on
open access. I signed it for the ACS:
<http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~harnad/Hypermail/Amsci/5379.html>.

"The submission is addressed to making a change in the reporting
requirements for all funded schemes, which will make it a requirement
of receiving the grant to deposit an electronic copy of any refereed
research journal or conference articles deriving from the grant with
the institution administering the grant. Minor changes are needed in
the Funding Rules and the Funding Agreements. ..."

Tom Worthington FACS HLM tom.worthington at tomw.net.au Ph: 0419 496150
Director, Tomw Communications Pty Ltd            ABN: 17 088 714 309
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617                http://www.tomw.net.au/
Visiting Fellow, ANU      Blog: http://www.tomw.net.au/blog/atom.xml