[LINK] mesh broadband

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Tue Feb 6 00:30:20 AEDT 2007

At 09:54 PM 5/02/2007, Richard writes:

> Hell, no. Excitement first. Dissilusionment later. Reality? Some
> time in the indeterminate future. Also, the article from the NYT
> was so confused I don't know where to start. So I won't. RC
>
>> Bernard writes:
>>
>>> Maybe peer-to-peer, or Mesh Broadband, may be the way to go
>>> for an economical, 'last mile plus 10 more yards' domestic broad
>>> band solution.
>>
>> .. any thought to security and DoS issues on mesh networks?

I'm not convinced the makers are certain about anything at this stage.

They appear to be looking for people to offer, 'mini broadband local hubs'

  <http://meraki.net/news/>

News:  Meraki Featured in the New York Times,  February 3rd, 2007

Meraki is featured in this Sunday’s Business section of the New York
Times, in an article titled Wireless Internet for All, Without the
Towers. Technology columnist Randall Stross does a great job of
explaining how Meraki’s new, grassroots approach to wireless Internet
access makes free or low-cost access possible all over the world.

We’re excited to hear that there’s so much interest in Meraki’s
technology and upcoming products. Readers who would like to learn more
are welcome to sign up for an e-mail update when we launch in a few
weeks. We’re still accepting beta customers as well, so if you already
know what our system can do, send an e-mail to beta at meraki.net to get
started!
--

Cheers all ..
Stephen Loosley

Message sent using MelbPC WebMail Server