[LINK] QANTAS moving IT staff to India. Any ACS response??

Adam Todd link at todd.inoz.com
Sat Feb 10 13:38:24 AEDT 2007

At 11:20 AM 10/02/2007, Howard Lowndes wrote:
>I had a session yesterday with a long time SME client who has had a small
>change of ownership and the proprietor's son has been brought into the
>business and he "knows" all you need to know about M$.  His comment was "I
>don't know about this Linux thingy and we have to keep calling you in
>every 5 minutes and it's unsupportable".  I let him rant on for about 10
>minutes then

(Well it is relevant in a way.)

Yes, sadly this scenario constantly arises.  Being a small business it's
much better for external localised support, preferably from a local
business who deals with customers in the local area, or even your relevant
industry.

When your company is involved in multiple levels of IT deployment and
management, it makes more sense to have that internally.  Support calls
externally can become quite costly, at hourly rates or even under contract.