[LINK] Microsoft: Vista follow-up likely in 2009

Adam Todd link at todd.inoz.com
Sun Feb 11 10:19:08 AEDT 2007

At 11:31 PM 10/02/2007, Howard Lowndes wrote:
>It seems that the Evil Empire have plans to torture us further.
>
>http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20070209/tc_infoworld/85937
>
>"With Vista just out the door, Microsoft is now drawing up plans to
>deliver its follow-up client operating system by the end of 2009,
>according to the executive in charge of building the product's core
>components."

Why would you start to plan to write a new operating system when you have
just released one without any feedback or hardware innovations?

Or are they saying they just did the 386SX on us all!

Thank goodness I won't be buying Vista!

Actually Win2K was the last MS operating system I'll buy ever.  I didn't
buy the XP that came with the laptops, if I had to use an OS Id have
installed Win2K :)

I'd say in the next 2 years we'll have switched entirely to Linux on the
workstations, or perhaps by then the price of a Mac Laptop or the likes
will drop sufficiently and we'll convert to Mac once and for all.  (Hope
they go BACK to Motorola chips, not that I have a thing against Intel, but
Intel don't make "Apple" chips the same way.)