[LINK] why calm, rational thought is required....

Karl Auer kauer at biplane.com.au
Wed Feb 14 23:13:16 AEDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 07:16 +1100, Craig Sanders wrote:
> > > private, and in their heads, they call it porn.
> >
> > You seem very sure you know what is in other people's heads, Craig.
>
> my comments were based on observation of what people say and what they do.

Then you should be a more careful about making pronouncements about what
is in people's heads.

> > You're wrong in my case - I think there is a difference between erotica
> > and porn.
>
> then why is there a lot of spam for 'porn' but almost none for
> 'erotica'?

I don't know. I could guess, but I'd be guessing.

It doesn't change the fact that in at least one case - mine - you are
wrong. From other responses it seems I'm not alone in making a
distinction (not a mere word game) between erotica and porn.

To use a blunt analogy, porn is fast food, erotica is a gourmet meal.
Yes, they are both food, but there is still a difference.

> erotica is just another term for porn that's acceptable in polite
> society.

Only to someone who really can't see the difference between a hamburger
and Chateaubriand.

Regards, K.