[LINK] Emails can infringe copyright, ruling

Adam Todd link at todd.inoz.com
Fri Feb 16 18:36:17 AEDT 2007

At 04:37 PM 16/02/2007, Brendan Scott wrote:
> > Emails can infringe copyright, ruling Think twice before hitting
> > forward
> >
> > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/02/15/email_copyright_infringement/
> >

> > Business letters can be protected by copyright and forwarding them to
> > others can be an infringement, the High Court has ruled. The decision
> > could have implications for email communication because the same
> > principles will apply.
>
>Well, this would have to fall into the "blindingly obvious" box - despite
>some dissembling some years ago.

Oh wow!

That means next time my father prints a copy of a LINK email I've posted
and presents it in court I can slap him with a Copyright infringement
because he didn't get a copyright licence from me to print it!

Do I need a sig for Link:

Copyright (C) 2007 all rights reserved by the author. No reproduction by
any person is permitted without payment of a copyright licence fee.

Hmmm.