[LINK] Video compression system

Stewart Fist stewart_fist at optusnet.com.au
Sun Feb 18 10:55:23 AEDT 2007

A few years ago (probably 5 or more) some guy in Melbourne, together with
his lawye,r were very actively promoting an invention that they claimed
could improve the compression of still and moving video images enormously.

Their claims were quite absurd, in my opinion anyway.  But they gave
demonstrations that were obviously convincing, and no one ever exposed them
as fraudulent

Kodak and a few other major companies looked at the hardware demonstration
(but were never given a real look at the technology) and decided against
investing.  But all sorts of people got in touch with me at that time asking
if they should invest in the company/invention.  It raised a lot of
investment interest at the time.

I've lost my files on this, and was just casually wondering if anyone
remembers the details (names, etc), and knows what happened in the wash-out.
I think a couple of million dollars of investment money was involved.

I seem to remember that they took the 'invention' to the USA.

--
Stewart Fist, writer, journalist, film-maker
70 Middle Harbour Road, LINDFIELD, 2070, NSW, Australia