[LINK] Video compression system

Adam Todd link at todd.inoz.com
Sun Feb 18 22:32:09 AEDT 2007

At 01:23 PM 18/02/2007, you wrote:
>Or it could be "Adam's Platform", which I think was some whiz-kid who
>was going to revolutionise video around the year 2000-ish.

You aren't having a go at me are you?

>I think they were claiming to stream video at 14.4kbps, and were
>giving "reak demos" but not letting anybody actually see what was
>running the demos.

Cause the only thing I did with "video" and prior to that was the ability
to stream 1024x768 computer images across 9600 bps links at high enough
speed so that the screen refresh time wasn't "lagging"

Unfortunately no one at the time was interested in the idea of Windows
Graphical screens being transferred at high speed over modems allowing
remote control of Win 3.11 workstations via a modem, mouse and keyboard and
XT on the remote end.

Strangely most people weren't using Windows at the time and no one thought
it would take off.

<sigh>

BTW, my protocol was packaged into an IP packet with a UDP control
stream.  I later managed to get it to work with TCP, but it seemed less
efficient.  Sometimes a few missing packets of data didn't affect your
ability to use the screen information, and it was as simple as selecting an
area that required refresh and double clicking.

I actually used this system over UHF CB radio :)

Anyway, not relevant so much today.