[LINK] Here's one that will snag a few

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Tue Feb 20 21:16:05 AEDT 2007

At 08:40 PM 20/02/2007, grove at zeta.org.au wrote:
>We have an Energy Saver bulb in the kitchen.   It emits a distinct
>hum at about 60hz that is present in my radio tuner when I tune in
>to any AM station.    The lamp itself made a very faint buzz for
>about 6 months, that has since subsided.

The radio interference was another problem mentioned on the radio
this morning. Bedside radio and bedside fluoro didn't get along well
together. I have the same problem with a touch on/off lamp.

Jan

Jan Whitaker
JLWhitaker Associates, Melbourne Victoria
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

'Seed planting is often the most important step. Without the seed,
there is no plant.' - JW, April 2005