[LINK] Here's one that will snag a few

Craig Sanders cas at taz.net.au
Tue Feb 20 21:53:03 AEDT 2007

On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 09:59:05AM +0100, Kim Holburn wrote:
> I'm starting to see LED replacements for domestic lighting in shops.
> Expensive of course, but much, much longer lasting and using much,
> much less power.

and much nicer light than flouros, although IIRC the white doesn't last
forever, it eventually degrades to, perhaps blue.

i have compact flouros in all my light sockets...they're good, and save
energy, but have the drawback that the one in the bathroom causes a fair
amount of electrical noise which is very noticable when watching TV on
the digital TV receiver (a very nasty click/scratch sound) whenever it's
turned on or off.  and some of them have noticable (1 - 3 second) delays
when turned on - they're the older ones, bought years ago.  the newer ones
are instant, just like incandescents.

i'm looking forward to cheap LED replacement globes for my compact
flouros...as these ones die, i'll replace them with LEDs.

actually, i'm kind of tempted to have an electrician install a 12 volt
circuit just for LED lights, maybe run them off a car battery with one
of my solar panels (got two big 75W panels and a plasmatronics PL60
regulator...bought for a project that never happened).

craig

--
craig sanders <cas at taz.net.au>

Currently listening to: Sugar - Indigo Bongo

We are the unwilling... led by the unqualified... to do the unnecessary...
for the ungrateful...
		-- GI in Vietnam, 1970