[LINK] Here's one that will snag a few

Stewart Fist stewart_fist at optusnet.com.au
Wed Feb 21 22:49:52 AEDT 2007

Craig replies to Jan re flicker

>>> So do some incandescent lights.
>>
>> Oh? how? do they have a frequency flicker like fluoros?
>
> yes, of course they do.  50Hz.

But they produce heat via their thermal qualities, and the heated element
doesn't go hot and cold 50 times a second.  I've shot thousands of feet of
film under fluourescents and incandescents, and since the shutter rotates
with 50 frames a second you would instantly see if there was any variation
in the intensity of incandescents.  I've never seen any.  But all fluous
show some variation, depending on how sticky the phorsphors are/

--
Stewart Fist, writer, journalist, film-maker
70 Middle Harbour Road, LINDFIELD, 2070, NSW, Australia