[LINK] Re: using resources in communal settings

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Thu Feb 22 10:42:57 AEDT 2007

At 10:25 AM 22/02/2007, Howard Lowndes wrote:
>I think this policy is misguided.  The state gummint say that
>"[Sydney is] one of the world's great cities to do business, to
>visit or live in.", but this plan is aimed only at the major CBDs
>which are probably already well served, promises little for the
>"live in" regions that service the CBDs with labour, and promises
>nothing for the rest of NSW who are still struggling to get any
>acceptable BB.  Hasn't anyone noticed that there is a state election
>next month.

Also, wouldn't the biggest benefit be to the CBD located business
headquarters? If the net is there for the street, it's also there for
the biggest end of town to use.

Jan

Jan Whitaker
JLWhitaker Associates, Melbourne Victoria
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

'Seed planting is often the most important step. Without the seed,
there is no plant.' - JW, April 2005