[LINK] Fwd: On Line Opinion - 16 February 2007

Tom Worthington Tom.Worthington at tomw.net.au
Thu Feb 22 18:25:44 AEDT 2007

At 03:17 PM 22/02/2007, Howard Lowndes wrote:
>>>From: "On Line Opinion"
>>><olo-news+tony-tony-barry-emu-id-au-VPM9972B3E at onlineopinion.com.au>
>>>... Last week Internet metrics company Hitwise named On Line
>>>Opinion the most popular Australian politics website. This isn't a
>>>beauty pageant - it's the result of the reading habits of the 3
>>>million Australians that Hitwise monitors.
>
>It's figures like this that I just don't trust or believe. ...

Hitwise gave a presentation in Canberra about this a few weeks ago
<http://www.tomw.net.au/blog/2007/01/australian-government-web-design.html>.
They claim to measure web use via cooperating ISPs and to come up
with more accurate results than conventional media ratings. Of course
they must still be extrapolating to some extent.

ps: I was surprised that Online Opinion rated so well. But then I
give them advice on their web design, as I am on the advisory board
for the publication, so I guess that is why it has worked out so well
<<http://www.onlineopinion.com.au/display.asp?page=eab>http://www.onlineopinion.com.au/display.asp?page=eab>.
;-)

Tom Worthington FACS HLM tom.worthington at tomw.net.au Ph: 0419 496150
Director, Tomw Communications Pty Ltd            ABN: 17 088 714 309
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617                http://www.tomw.net.au/
Visiting Fellow, ANU      Blog: http://www.tomw.net.au/blog/atom.xml