[LINK] electromagnetic fields effect brain activity

Pilcher, Fred Fred.Pilcher at act.gov.au
Tue Jan 9 12:04:36 AEDT 2007

Stewart wrote:

> Re Fred's "Nuclear Nightmares"?
>
> I only saw a few bits of it.  It seemed to be a rehash of a
> lot of dubious material that I'd seen before.

Thanks for that reality check, Stewart. As a card-carrying member of the Australian Skeptics I had my suspicions. I'll adopt Russel's Dictum as my own in this case.

What pushed me over the edge was the timing. It just felt too co-incidental that, at a time in which politicians and industry are softening us up for noocular power, new research should magically come to light showing that radiation is actually good for us.

It would be wonderful news if it were true, and we need to be particularly careful about believing something that we'd really like to believe merely because we'd like to believe it.

Skepticism demands that we keep an open mind, but not be so open that out brains fall out.

Fred