OFFTOPIC: Religion (was Re: [LINK] electromagnetic fields effect brain activity)

Craig Sanders cas at taz.net.au
Wed Jan 10 09:08:55 AEDT 2007

On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 09:00:55PM +1100, grove at zeta.org.au wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Jan 2007, Karl Auer wrote:
>
> >Hitler was at least nominally Christian and legendarily antisemitic -
>
> I thought Hitler considered Christianity "impure" because Jesus
> was Jewish in origin?

and where did his anti-semitism come from? christian anti-semitism
has a long history in europe, especially in germany.  Jews have been
(and still are) accused of all the usual crimes (baby killers/eaters,
witchcraft, theft, etc) that transient or ethnic minority groups (incl.
heretics, gypsies, and others) are always accused of plus the extra
crime that they as an entire race/culture were the killers of Christ.

the fact that Jesus himself was a Jew (and that his teachings were ONLY
for other Jews - it was Paul, not Jesus, who spread it to gentiles)
is usually glossed over and ignored by christian anti-semites...an
unfortunate and inconvenient truth

> He definitely took over Christian feasts but there was a lot more
> paganism and spiritism in his ideology than there was Christianity,
> but maybe I am misinformed?

christians, and especially catholics, have been trying to disown hitler
and distance themselves from him since the 40s. he's an embarassment, so
they like to blame him on atheists or pagans.

he was definitely a christian, and a catholic.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas at taz.net.au>           (part time cyborg)