[LINK] Photovoltaic solar power was - $100 laptop could sell to public

Antony Barry tony at tony-barry.emu.id.au
Fri Jan 19 14:17:28 AEDT 2007

On 19/01/2007, at 1:05 PM, Glen Turner wrote:

> I'm not so sure about that. Large solar panels are expensive. But
> I'm increasingly impressed by the small ones -- the sort of thing
> that runs your garden lights or changes your phone.  I think
> solar is now at the stage where its superceeded technology is
> itself efficient enough to be useful.

Green and Gold Energy claim their tracking solar concentrator cells
can compete with mains power <http://www.greenandgoldenergy.com.au/>.
The idea is to have a frenel lens in front of a very small solar cell
and track the sun. Their original design won the ABC inventors or the
year and they are about ready to go commercial setting up their first
plant in Adelaide.

And maybe we should unlink this if anybody wants to discuss it.

Tony

phone : 02 6241 7659 | mailto:me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
mobile: 04 1242 0397 | mailto:tony.barry at alianet.alia.org.au
http://tony-barry.emu.id.au