[LINK] Telstra propose biggest rollout in Australia's

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Fri Jan 19 23:50:29 AEDT 2007

At 06:59 PM 18/01/2007, Stewart Fist wrote:
>Since Telstra is a monopoly by virtue of owning the street
>ducting, it can afford to wait.  There isn't a wireless protocol that can
>challenge it.

[admitting there are more messages in this thread that I haven't read yet]

I understand that the wireless service isn't exactly robust either. A
colleague was telling me today that she went for wireless because she
was moving around a lot, housewise, just the thing the Tel$tra ads
say it's good for. She thinks it's pretty bad. Keeps cutting out.
Tells her she's already connected just after she's been told there
isn't a connection. Pretty miserable stuff. She's not the brightest
tool in the box when it comes to technology, so I don't know if the
troubles are due to something she is or is not doing. Even so, you
would expect it to at least work and stay connected for what you pay for it.

Jan

Jan Whitaker
JLWhitaker Associates, Melbourne Victoria
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

'Seed planting is often the most important step. Without the seed,
there is no plant.' - JW, April 2005