[LINK] $100 laptop could sell to public

Adam Todd link at todd.inoz.com
Sat Jan 20 12:42:10 AEDT 2007

At 11:43 PM 19/01/2007, Stephen Loosley wrote:
>At 09:00 AM 19/01/2007, Tom writes:
>
>And, why would one crap on efforts to help kids in any way?

Is anyone going to give my four kids a free laptop.  Goodness it would save
the fights, brawls, yelling and screaming that goes on around the house at
all but the sleeping hours!

Please send me SIX Free $100 laptops!  My boy shave taken to playing Flash
games online - to my destain.

>Maybe it is the wrong way to help (?) but people who would
>not be helping in any way are rushing to do just that. Laying
>off the uninformed 'rich-white-sophisticate' seems sensible.

Then again, kids playing with laptops become dependant on the technology to
get through each day.  Then they will have to buy better technology to do
the next thing they need to do.

And people wonder why I keep my kids away from computers for the purpose of
"games"