[LINK] Consumer computer security

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Wed Jan 24 10:45:38 AEDT 2007

At 9:36 +1100 24/1/07, Howard Lowndes wrote:
>  ... and what is AFSL?

Australian Financial System Licence, I think.

The site of the responsible regulator, ASIC, is hopeless on the
matter.  (It may be fine if you know what it is, and know you want
one).

After a quick Google, from:
http://www.compliance-training.com.au/index.cgi?tid=16

"Everything you need to know about obtaining an AFS licence or
varying an existing AFS licence is set out in this article written by
Holley Nethercote. We tell you the approximate cost, expected
timeframes, and processes that you'll encounter as you obtain or vary
your licence. We draw on our years of experience and provide tips and
tricks to help make the process as painless as possible for you.

"Click here to download the article, which appeared in Money
Management in 2006".

http://www.holleynethercote.com.au/downloader.cgi?%D9q%86T%20%C5%16n%84%E2%F5%F7P%83%EE%99%B5P%F8%A5%13%F6Q:96:uploads%2Ffile%2FGetting%20and%20varying%20your%20AFS%20licence.pdf:0

--
Roger Clarke                  http://www.anu.edu.au/people/Roger.Clarke/

                    Tel: +61 2 6288 1472, and 6288 6916

Visiting Professor in Info Science & Eng  Australian National University
Visiting Professor in the eCommerce Program      University of Hong Kong